International Film Festival of Shimla
International Film Festival of Shimla proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world's best online submissions platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, Vimeo and YouTube integration, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.
8th International Film Festival of Shimla (IFFS2022)
Gaiety Theatre, The Mall, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Entries Open : 01 March, 2022, Deadline for submission : 30 June 2022, 5.00pm
Festival Date: 26-28 August 2022
Venue: Gaiety Theatre, The Mall, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
IFFS2022 Rules& Regulations:
1. Competition Sections
a) International Competition
b) National Competition
c) State Competition (For Bonafide Himachali only)
a) IFFS Symbiosis
b) Retrospectives/Special Packages/Homage
c) IFFS- Buransh- Films which miss out on final selection but recommended by the Selection Committee, shall be included in this section.
International Competition: There will be an International Level competition for Documentaries, Short Fiction, Feature Films, Music Videos & Animation Films made in India or abroad between 1st January 2019 and 31st March 2022.
National Competition: There will be an National Level competition for Documentaries, Short Fiction, Feature Films, Animation Films & Music Videos made in India by Indian Citizen between 1st January 2019 and 31st March 2022.
State Competition (For Bonafide Himachali only): There will be a State Level competition for Documentaries, Short Fiction, Feature Films, Animation Films & Music Videos made in Himachal by Bonafide Himachali Only between 1st January 2019 and 31st March 2022.
- One film can be entered in one competition section only, either in International, National or State.
- Film(s) entered / screened in earlier IFFS editions / shorter version(s) / revised or re-edited version of film(s) will not be eligible.
- Animation feature films, film series, episodes made/commissioned for TV Channels/Cable TV/OTT & any other digital platform are not eligible for entry.
- Film can be entered by any organization / agency or by individual film Producer /Director who holds the copyright. There is no restriction on number of entries.
In each Sections following awards will be given for Categories:
Best Documentary (upto 60 minutes),
Best Short Fiction Film (upto 45 minutes)
Best Feature Film (upto 120 minutes)
Best Animation Film (upto 30 Minutes) &
Best Music Video (upto 10 Minutes)
& Special Jury Awards
4. Festival Entry Fees for All International, National & State Competition Sections Categories:
THE FILM CATEGORY FESTIVAL FEE
*DOCUMENTARY (upto 60 minutes) INR 2000
*SHORT FICTION (upto 45 minutes) INR 2000
*FEATURE FILM (upto 120 minutes) INR 3000
*ANIMATION FILM (upto 30 Minutes) INR 1500
*MUSIC VIDEO (upto 10 Minutes) INR 1500
a) International Film Festival of Shimla proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway world's best online submissions platform.
b) For Film Submissions other than Film Freeway:
Payment should be made online transfer- NEFT/Online to our bank account:
Festival Account Detail:
Account Name: Himalayan Velocity
Account No: 915020025810337
Branch: Axis Bank, Kusumpti, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh., India
IFS Code: UTIB0000050
Preview Material & Online Payment Transfer Slip, do send us on e-mail with Film Name as Subject line on e-mail id: email@example.com
5. Preview Material: Film Submitter is required to submit film in H.264/MP4 (under 2GB with 1920x1080 resolution) through Google Drive only and a soft copy containing Director’s Photograph, Bio-data, Filmography, Synopsis of the Film, Stills of the Film, Posters and pamphlets along-with Film Promos/Trailers.
For Film Freeway Submitter all these detail should be available on their account on Film Freeway with download link of their film in respective resolutions.
A) Rules and Regulations for Competitive Sections:
B) General Rules for Film Submission:
For any queries you are free to e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-8219355952
Preview material with entry fee should reach latest by 5.00pm on the 30th June, 2022 (Regular Deadline) on email:
For Festival Director
International Film Festival of Shimla
Buransh Lodge, MIG House No. 18,
Housing Board Colony, Sanjauli, Shimla,
Pin-171006, Himachal Pradesh
Phone: +91-8219355952, +91-8587870532
Connect with us
Copyright © 2014-15, International Film Festival of Shimla
All Rights Reserved